+Office Building in Chalandri
in cooperation with K. Kyriakidis and G. Apostolakos
The headquarters of this pharmaceutical company occupies a plot measuring 3.350m². It is 90m (295ft) deep, with a 40m (131ft) façade on Kifissias Avenue and a second one on Philhellinon Street.
The basic floorplan, which is L-shaped, organises the office spaces into two wings with the public spaces and the vertical communication placed at the hub of the building.
The building consists of a basement, a ground floor and four storeys.
The basement has a surface of 1.875m² (20.182ft²) – 1.275m² (13.724ft²) for parking space for 48 cars and 600m² (6.458ft²) of auxiliary spaces.
Various units of administrative department offices cover the ground floor and the remaining four floors, with a total surface of 3.200m² (34.444ft²).
In addition, the ground floor includes an 80-seat cafeteria for the personnel and an independent lecture hall building, also seating 80 people, linked directly to the cafeteria and through a corridor with the reception hall.
Architectural design and supervision of construction:
Building services engineering:
Building site’s area: 3.350m² (36.059ft²)
Building’s area: 5.244m² (56.446ft²)
Completion of construction: 1995
- The World of Buildings (October 1995)
- A3 Architektoniki (July 1996)
- Design + Art in Greece (issue 28/1997)
- KATOKIA (issue 68 – March 1997)
- Architecture in Greece (issue 7, July 1997)
- INSIDE OFFICE (1997)
- Yli & Ktirio (July 1997)
- 20th Century Architecture – Greece (exhibition catalogue – 1999)
- 3rd Exhibition of Architecture in Patras (exhibition catalogue – 2000)
- ATHINAI (by Dimitris Filippidis, 2000)
- Architectural Awards 2000 (exhibition catalogue – March 2000)
- Architecture and Critique (by Andreas Giacoumacatos, January 2001)
- Modern Architecture in Greece (by Dimitris Filippidis, January 2001)
- INSIDE the best (January 2001)
- History of Greek Architecture (by Andreas Giacoumacatos, 2003)
- Contemporary Architecture in Greece (2005)
- HOMEmag (October 2008)